Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

From the Beginning

I always knew my little boy was special. He was completely different from my daughter ( who is 3 1/2 now), but different is good. No one can be the same or we would all be zombies! I was internally stressing about Lukes 2 year check up for awhile. See Luke was crawling early, walking early, saying momma and dadda, playing with his big sister and toys. Then it happened, before I could realize..everything started to go away. Over the course of a winter I went from having this baby boy who loved everyone and loves to smile to someone completely different. He is nonverbal now, doesnt play with anything or anyone and definately doesnt like change. So on August 22,2011 I take Lukas for a well child check and she says she has some concerns. She said I will be right back I am going to have you take a test. No clue it was the MCHAT and what the heck that even means! He had all 6 critical and 15-20 red flags. I was devestated! I couldnt breath or soak in anything she said expect one word AUTISM. Now I knew something about it but not much and when I thought of it, I thought of the most severe cases. She sat there with me for almost an hour while I cried. As soon as i left I called my husband and told him and I think he was in shock. I called my mom and she was soo upset but she thought so too but didnt know how to tell me. Then started the phone calls to get him seen and the worst part of all..WAITING!

No comments:

Post a Comment