Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What is this clean you speak of?

What is this thing...'clean' you speak of? Is it a real thing? I am not sure I have ever seen it! Does it last at your house? Can you teach me this thing called 'clean'?

Let me tell you a little about cleaning and my house.....

Cleaning is something I do when kids aren't around. Because lets face it "Cleaning while kids are in the house is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreo's." Just doesn't work! But why clean everyday? I have a 4 1/2 year old NT daughter who is a ball of energy and a 3 year old son with Autism. The house might stay clean for a hour if I am extremely lucky. Now some kids on the spectrum love order, to line things up or stack. This is not the case with my Lukas. This kid loves to make messes out of anything he can get his hands on! He loves disorder!

Do I often feel bad when the neighbors come over and my house is a mess, or I have to spend hours cleaning for family to come over because it hasn't been done properly lately, ohhh hell yes! But what am I suppose to do? We aren't pigs, the house itself is clean to a degree. I scrub the floors, do laundry, clean the bathroom. But if you were to look inside my big bay window you would see total chaos!

I cannot find it within myself to clean and try to have a 'clean' house when I know it will be utterly undone within a hour. Who has energy to keep up with cleaning anyway when you have 2 kids? Especially my two..ohh boy they are something else =)

Kids will be kids, they are like mini tornadoes who sweep through quiet little areas of beauty and destroy everything is their wake! Kids should be able to have fun and have toys everywhere I say, partly because I don't want to pick up every 20 minutes and two they should be able to play with what they have. They are only kids once, so let them be kids.


So who else is with me?! Lets go on strike and relax when we have the chance! Life it too short to be cleaning all the time anyway. Lets party when our kids aren't around! =)

4 comments:

  1. Hi. thinking about you. How does Lukas do with Halloween?

    PS-Wanted to let you know that UH has autism seminars if you are interested. The next 2 are Nov 7 and Nov 14 from 7 to 8:30 pm. You can download the brochures, schedules and registration forms if you are interested:
    RainbowBabies.org/autism.

    Love, Doc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S he did good with Halloween. He wanted to keep reaching in the buckets. I put him in a stroller and keep him there. He feels safer that way I suppose. He gets very angry if I take him out =)

      Delete
  2. I hear ya! Cleaning is so futile around here too. It's impossible to do anything while they are home...and when they're not - it's the last thing I feel like doing! Either way, the Tasmanian Devil of mine will ensure mass destruction again within minutes of her return.

    BTW, love your ecard to the right ("Oh, forgive me. I had no idea you were an expert...")

    ReplyDelete