Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Appointment day for Results

Well needless to say I was again a wreck the night before and all the way there. But having two kiddos seems to keep you on your toes, so I didnt have time to worry too much. I met his new doctor and he starts telling me all the results. Lukas got a very clean bill of health and I couldnt be happier. I was terrified that something else worse could have been going on. It was definately music to my ears after everything we have been through and the weekends before this appointment another miracle happened. Lukas out of the blue starting talking again and babbling nonstop. I even caught some on video and if I find a way to post it I will. It was music to my ears, to hear his voice after almost a year of being nonverbal. Also and I cant believe I havent mentioned it yet...(sorry Poppa Jeff) My step dad got Lukas the iPad after watching some news special on it and how it worked soo well with kids on the spectrum. Lukas is now spelling up to 6 letter words on his own, using the iPad and we would have never know if it wasnr for that gift from God and Poppa Jeff. But back to the appointment! I get side tracked soo easily!!! LOL The doctor was explaining what they were looking for and how good it was that everything came back good, but I was impatient. I was in my head saying okay yes yes yes but now what?? He is autistic or where do we go from here. Then he was asking me some questions so I really needed to be in the here and now to respond and he said well...I have read all the papers from the school and yes it is my professional opinion that your son has AUTISM. Now I remember my first appointment hearing those words and losing my mind. Its funny how in 12 short weeks how your outlook can change. I was happy to hear this ( not that I wouldnt love for him to be"normal") but it was a relief to have it in writing. Like I said I knew my baby was special and different and he will always be so in my eyes. As well as my daughter and I know I dont mention her much but its not because she isnt my little princess and I love her to pieces but this is my story about living in my son quirky austistic world and how we cope. I hope to write nothing but good news from now on. But I am sure as there will be sun and clouds..rain and snow..we will have good days and bad days. Thanks for reading this and listening. If it could help anyone I would go through this just to be a support system for someone else. I had help getting me through my darkest of days and I wouldnt want anyone to do this alone.

1 comment: