Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Changes Come

    The only permanent thing in our lives is change itself. We can embrace, try to change it or simply ignore it but it does come. Its time for change in our lives and I am trying to find ways through it. I have found an app for his iPad to make social stories for him. Social Stories are stories we use with pictures and small phrases to help them cope or learn or even maybe set a new pattern or routine. I surely hope this helps. We had to say Goodbye to Happy Days School today and it was more rough for me than it was for him and I am kind of happy for that. I don't like to see Luke upset in anyway. Luke doesn't understand that he is done going there, he is oblivious to what is coming. Sometimes I think its a curse and a cure at the same time. A curse because change creeps up on him and scares him and he has to learn how to cope with things he didn't see coming. A cure because he doesn't feel the pain of lose at this moment in time and for that I am grateful. I know he loves his intervention team very much and is going to miss them immensely but for now he doesn't know that on Monday he wont be going back. They bring a smile to his face everytime I show him their picture. I will definitely keep in touch with them, they are part of who we are now.
    I let tears fall and get it out of my system for my babies need me and I don't need to be mopey and focus on the negative. I am choosing to embrace the change coming, make it as easy for him as I can. Today we got a letter in the mail from the insurance company saying he was denied his vest, after a month of waiting. So that will be my first thing on my list to get accomplished. I will order him a vest and try to get it here as soon as possible so he has comfort. I also got authorization from the landlord to mount a therapy swing in the house, so that will be one of the next things I do. I went to the store and found some materials for new tasks, some of his favorites to do at Happy Days, so I will make them for him so he has more familiar things to keep him busy. As soon as I can get to his new school, I am going to see if I can come take pictures so that I can make stories for him, to get him used to seeing these things and faces so I will not be such a shock and scary thing to him. I am motivated to help him in anyway I can. I am his Momma, its my job to roll with the punches and do a good job while rolling. I would do anything for my kiddos and that's what I plan to do, what ever it takes. We miss you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment