Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cut too short too soon and it hurts.

    As we all know it is Lukes last week at Happy Days School but what I was not expecting is that yesterday was his last day with his Early Interventionist Jenny. I had no idea and after a horrid start to the day yesterday, it was the last thing I wanted to hear. Luke has been having these fits at night, we don't know what causes them, don't know how to stop them and they last for hours. It seems like he is craving some sensory compression, its hard to explain what he does and how he acts. He literally seems like he wants to crawl out of his skin sometimes and he gets very aggressive.
    We had a rough morning full of tantrums and lots of aggression towards me, so I was glad that he would be going to school because this Momma need some time to chill. I go to pick him up and hear he had a wonderful day, music to my ears! Then Jenny starts to walk with us to the door, this doesn't usually happen but she is telling me the things they did today and what fun he was having. Then she drops the bomb on me that its her last day with Lukas and she wants a hug. I gladly give her a hug and tell her, you did this on purpose to surprise me so I wouldn't be balling my eyes out! Which I didn't until I got to the car, she told me she had been giving Luke hugs all day and was going to miss him. He is going to miss her and truth is I am going to miss her too.
    Not all of you who read this will understand but I love them, I count them as family. Jenny has been the main person to work with Luke for the past 8-9 months and has done wonders for him. I am sooo grateful for everything they have done for him. They have made a huge impact in our lives and we have changed for the better because of their love, help, guidance and understanding. Needless to say I got into my car and the water works started and didn't stop for awhile and they continued off and on for the rest of the night. I lay in bed thinking of how far Luke has come since meeting Jenny and the rest of the staff at Happy Days. I have great gratitude that I don't think I could ever write it down in words to express how I really feel. Its just overwhelmingly peaceful to have my son and myself surrounded by people who understand him and who can reach out to him and help. They are patient and kind and full of love. I know I sound like a sappy crazy lady but its true. His development is a delicate thing and they now how to handle my fragile little package. This door is closing way too fast but its time to face the next adventure in our life. We love and will miss you all very much at Happy Days but we will surely keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment