Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

You can't control the wind but you can adjust the sails.

    It was my first weekend away from my little man in quite some time. I was sad but little miss Emma and I had a blast up in New York! What made it really awesome is that my friend Debra who I met through my mother (she also has a boy on the spectrum) was in the same little town at the same time I was! I got to meet Sam and Debra and it was awesome!!! Sam is so very amazing and I see a lot of Luke in him. Meanwhile back at home Luke did good. My husband said he could tell he missed me and didn't move around much but he was a good boy. He didn't babble or say anything while I was gone but it made my day when I came home and he started babbling away, saying Momma and Bam Bam for his favorite movie Bambi!
    Now on a completely different note, before I had mentioned before, after waiting over a month for insurance approval, we did get denied for his vest. I was super bummed out because I had just made arrangements to buy him a therapy swing after getting approval from the landlord to mount it. I didn't know how to choose between the two and with Lukes third birthday right around the corner and both my little ones going to preschool in August, I had no idea how to afford any of it. I didn't think I would be able to figure out how to get them all and get his presents and some clothes for the kids. Of course at first I was angry, then bummed and then just lost hope of getting it. I cant help but be human and be negative when bad news comes. I have never been an optimistic and I give major props to people who are. So after a weekend of thinking and being gone I came home and starting doing research trying to find a solution. If my son needs it, I will make it happen. I have learned through this experience so far that nothing is impossible if you just keep trying and looking else where for solutions.
     After looking up different prices on different websites for both his vest and his swing, I was starting to get negative again. So I completely cleared my screen and started goggling the name of his therapy swing. Everyone loves goggle ha ha. I found most of the same sites I had been looking at and then I found the answer to my prayers. Sears actually sold his swing! We have a Sears card, doesn't have a huge credit limit but it was definitely more than enough to get his swing. I asked my husband for the card number and I got to order it! So then I went and ordered Lukes vest from a site that I found and it was only 129 dollars compared to 300-400 I had been seeing on some sites. So I am pretty happy right now. Life throws things at you, sometimes good and sometimes bad but if you just stick through it, there is always a solution to your problem. Sometimes it will be a lot rougher road, trust me I have been there but you need to believe and have faith. I am a very motivated momma. I will go without anything just to get what my kids need. Its why I love this quote so much now. It has a very good meaning to it and hits close to home. "You can't control the wind but you can adjust your sails." Its very very true. Change happens, it happens more than we like. "Change is inevitable, progression is optional." I will always do what I must for my kids. Its hard enough to be in this world as a normal person, I can't imagine what he goes through everyday. I will make it as easy on him as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment