Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Worried, Anxious and Nervous

    Today Luke starts at Streetsboro City School for the early program. Although I am very happy they have this program, it is going to be a huge shock to Lukas. I know today and tomorrow will be the hardest but I wish he didn't have to go through it at all. I wish he didn't get so scared and traumatized in new places and new routines. I wish I could take all his pain, frustrations, fear and anxiety away. I am hoping to get some pictures today when I go to get him, so I can put a story together and have a photo book ready so we can scroll through pictures. They haven't been open for me to go until he starts today, so he has no idea whats going to be happening.
    I know I shouldn't concentrate on the negative thoughts right now but its human nature. I am sure after he gets established he will love it just like he did Happy Days. Getting to that point is a rough road though. The only people who understand are the ones going through that themselves, with their children. I am glad I have the support that I do though. They make it easier, god bless my mother, she is always there to pick up the pieces even though I am 26 years old. We just had an amazing weekend with them. Luke did so wonderful, making eye contact, touching and smiling so much! Those are the memories I need to keep in mind when I get nervous like this. He has come so far through all of this. He has accomplished so much, learned so many things and become the loving boy he used to be.
    All I can do is be proactive in helping him cope. I will be there to hug him, cry with him and calm him when he needs it. This is just one more step we have to overcome when it comes to Autism. Things will always be harder, more emotional and more tragic. I know my little man is strong enough to get through this. Autism wont define him. We can do this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment