Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Doubts

Maybe it's because I haven't been sleeping well and my state of mind isn't ever optimistic when I am over tired but I am having huge doubts about everything I got Luke for Christmas. I didn't get him a lot of "toy toys" this year, more learning/development toys. I know he doesnt get Christmas or birthdays at all but I wonder if he will like anything I got him.

He is so hard to buy for, all that I know he likes are DVDs and Dinos. He doesn't appropriate play with anything, even his dinos he doesn't truly play...he just carries them around. I know he LOVES them but he doesn't interact with them on a play level. So here I sit asking myself over and over if I did things right for him.

Did I just waste tons of money again this year?
Will he play with anything I got him?
Will the developmental toys be hard for him to do and only make me feel worse?
Will he even attempt to open one gift this year?
Will he ever understand Christmas? Or Birthdays?

I wont really know until the day comes but I cant shake the feeling. I keep dwelling on it but the day is rapidly approaching.. He has no way of telling me what he wants, as much as I get him..I don't know what things could potentially bother him.

Holiday doubts suck. Not sure how to clear my mind of it. Only one way to tell and that is it sit and wait patiently for Christmas to come. All I can do is hope for the best. That he will like at least one gift.

4 comments:

  1. Stop stressing over this if you can. You have done what you do, provided the gifts that you think are good, fun and useful. If he doesn't get the concept, or show much excitement over the gifts, it is not your fault or a tragedy. You have still done your job. You love him. That is the big thing. It is hard to let go of the picture of the holidays with the kids that we build in our heads, and even when we think we have erased those illusions, they can still linger, and sneak up on us. It isn't important whether he "gets" Christmas. You do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your fear and pain. I went through this the last 2 years with my daughter. This year we decided to vastly scale down the gifts and here is what we will put in her stocking: cookie sprinkles (she is obsessed with them, loves to lick them from her wet hand), edible toothpaste (to be given in small amounts with her toothbrush (again, she is obsessed with it), a train whistle like her music teachers (she keeps trying to rip it away from the teacher, so I figured this was a win), a mickey mouse snow globe she took off a store shelf and started shaking (so I hid it from her view and purchased it), an Abby doll she has picked up a million times at the bookstore and I never bought to save for Christmas. I figure this year, I will just go for the whatever works and try not to expect too much! Hang in there. The holidays are tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope she loves all of them!!! I wish he would show any interest in anything! lol We didnt spend much a lot of the things we got him were around 7 bucks. Who know, I can always take back what he doesnt show any interest in. <3 Hugs to you

      Delete