Search This Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Eww What is that? Did you just? Ohhh man!

Now that I have a little bit of time I figured I would get down to my poop post. After reading Momma Fry post about her poop emails today it reminded me that I never wrote about the incident on Saturday, and the blog I promised you all. This is not for the weak stomach kind..its all kinds of gross!!! So if you stick around I applaud u.

It is no secret that winter break was no break at all. We picked up all kinds of bad habits (read last blog post). We are also back into the finger paint with poop phase. Yippiee! You are so jealous of me right? Who doesn't want to clean up crap nonstop? It is sooo the dream life. Last Saturday Luke was actually in his room behaving. Shocker right? I was amazed! He actually brought his blanket in and went to sleep on his bed....or so we thought.

All was quiet, I checked in a few times and he was just laying there sleeping. Emma was also sleeping which is a super rare occasion because she is almost 5 and hasn't done naps in quite a long time. My husband and I are both on our computesr when we here pitter patter on the floor. I know that sound anywhere...its strange how you can tell which kid is which by the way you hear them walk on the kitchen floor.

My husbands says "Ohhh no!!! Hands!!!! (This is never a good sign at all...trust me)
I then turn around and my son is flapping his hands and arms a mile a minute. I grab him still not knowing yet and then he puts his hand on my arm. Ohhhh god...no! No No No!!!! His hands are sooo covered in crap that he looks like he is wearing brown gloves. Awesome right? Yea I know...

I rush him to the bathroom so I can clean him up. Then I see his back side...poop up to his neck. His has obviously been busy while we thought he was sleeping. As I am cleaning him and on the verge of vomiting everywhere my husband walks into his room.

He says "Have you seen his f*cking room yet?"
...No!!!! Not anymore please! (very big internal sigh)

I am a little pissed off by now to say the least and I scream "No! I am trying to get all this shit that is caked onto your son off before I give him a bath.

After cleaning him off, cleaning out the bathtub and then running his bath water I get to see his room.
Smashed into the carpet...his whole train table was covered. You could not see one part of it..all his toys that were on the table had some on them. Needless to say I went through tons and tons of bleach....

What I truly don't understand is how he can play with poop but yet can't touch most every day things? How can he stand the smell, cake it under his fingers but yet hates having his nails cut or anyone touching his nails? But poop is totally cool with him? If he only knew!

Two days later when I had a realtor over (she is a friend so she just came over to discuss houses) he was in my bed room painting my bed in poop again. I threw away the sheets. Totally not worth it to me. I was more than fed up. He can undress himself. I cannot find onsies big enough for him. Sooo yea I hope this phase is over with quickly.

While we are on the subject of gross things...he has also picked up the habit of picking his nose. His fingers are constantly up there now..to the point of his nose bleeding multiple times a day. I keep trying to redirect but he just wants to go right up there again.

And riddle me this Batman...how can this kid eat his boogers?!?!?!?! I all but vomit if I do not catch him in time and he eats it. He is an extremely picky eater!!!! He eats maybe a total of 6 things...but yet boogers are cool? Come on kiddo! Throw your Mom a bone here? Something....

Don't get me started on saliva! Kid has a new obsession with that one too. Isn't it fantastic! Spitting and playing in drool...

Boogers, Poop and Saliva! Oh My!


Hopefully you all haven't puked all over the place. I am done ranting about the nasties. I know a lot of  parents go through this, so I bet we all have pretty strong stomachs.

Another day in the life of Autism.
It is always full of.. Ewwww! What is that? Nooooo!!! Did you just eat that? Ohhh man....Don't put that in your mouth! No! Don't wipe that on the wall!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there!! Been there and done all of that with my son. Good news is all of it has passed. I know exactly how you feel and my hubby knows exactly how your husband feels. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the poo problem with my little guy. (I asked anyone on fries Facebook to help with the problem and the only one responded said to use clothes but been there done that doesn't work) It's been going on for months!!! It's so gross and I can't use bleach so I use a ton of Lysol (you will always find 2 bottles under my sink). I've been trying to figure out ways to make him stop. I tried clothes but he is a master at getting out of the neck hole with no problem. Therapists and the doc who diagnosed him told me to give him things like playdoh but he just eats that even when your watching him very closely. He also hates things on his hands but poo he handles. I don't understand it at all and it's so gross. He usually does this in spurts. It will last a week or two then stops for a week or two. I've thrown away so many toys and books because you can't get it off everything. It's defiantly something I wish he didn't do. My husband is the exact same way he just kinda stands there unless he's the only one home with him. I know when he's home and he does it I yell for him to come help and the whole time you can hear him bitching about it. While i'm scrubbing everything off he does the bath and sometimes I have to laugh at him because he hates it as much as i do but he gets so mad! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH, I feel for you! My son checks his butt for poop and then comes over to me, says "ew" and wipes it on my face. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete